Sharing about life and living and Westchester County!

Friday, April 18, 2014

Teenage Problems

I am 32 years old and am having the worst breakout of my life! I don't understand why this is happening now, but it is, and I have to do something about it because right now I feel like a freak who shouldn't be seen in public.

In addition to the acne, I seem to be experiencing slightly more sensitive skin than usual so I don't really want to go for the strong benzoyle peroxide products I usually rely on for the occasional pimple.  So I decided to try some Mario Badescu products this time around.  Several years ago on a colleagues recommendation I tried out the Mario Badescu Spa on the Upper East Side for my first facial.  Rather than some retail storefront, the spa was located on the first floor of an inconspicuous apartment building--like a doctor's office.  So, since they put themselves out as almost medical, I am thinking they are my best bet to start.  I also like that the list of ingredients on the products contains more things that recognizable than not.  Tonight I am trying out the Drying Lotion in hopes that tomorrow I can show my face (literally).  But in the meantime, I look like my face is covered in bug bites slathered in calamine lotion.  Indeed, the Drying Lotion is a pink spot treatment that claims to reduce acne while I sleep.  Here's hoping!  I also picked up the Acne Facial Cleanser and Buffering Lotion.  Desperate times call for desperate measures!

I am considering the clarisonic, but since I suspect this is hormonally related, I am not sure if I want to splurge and spend the $100+ on a device that aids me in washing my face (even though I have heard great things).

No comments: